John Burroughs is Executive Director, Lawyers Committee on Nuclear Policy (www.lcnp.org), based in New York City. He represents LCNP in Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty review proceedings, the United Nations, and other international forums. He was a member of the Marshall Islands international legal team in its nuclear disarmament cases in the International Court of Justice. He’s the author of numerous publications related to nuclear weapons including contributing to a report called The Climate-Nuclear Nexus, which we discuss.
Burrough’s publications include: contributor, Unspeakable suffering – the humanitarian impact of nuclear weapons (2013) ; contributor, Assuring Destruction Forever: Nuclear Weapon Modernization Around the World (2012) (available here); author, The Legality of Threat or Use of Nuclear Weapons: A Guide to the Historic Opinion of the International Court of Justice (1998). He has also published articles and op-eds in journals and newspapers including Fordham International Law Journal, Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists, Arms Control Today, the World Policy Journal, and Newsday. He has taught international law as an adjunct professor at Rutgers Law School, Newark.
- Total run time: 29:00
- Host: David Swanson.Producer: David Swanson.Music by Duke Ellington.
- Download from LetsTryDemocracy or Archive.Pacifica stations can also download from Audioport.
- Syndicated by Pacifica Network.
- Please encourage your local radio stations to carry this program every week!
- Please embed the SoundCloud audio on your own website!
- Past Talk Nation Radio shows are all available free and complete at:
Legal Notice - Comment Policy
Posted by on February 8, 2017, With 128 Reads Filed under Net Radio Shows, Talk Nation Radio. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.