This development must be assessed with the backdrop of knowing that Russian airstrikes against Takfiri positions in Syria had resulted in a swift decline in oil sales by the terrorist group, according to a French official. Daesh-controlled oil sales “have declined significantly in recent weeks due to the Russian campaign in Syria,” Russia’s Sputnik quoted a French National Assembly Defense Commission member, Nicolas Dhuicq, as saying in October.
Apart from selling crude oil, the group is also believed to be paying people to refine oil at its own sites with the majority of the terrorist group’s oil revenue being from countries such as Saudi Arabia, Turkey and Qatar. Observers say ISIL is chiefly funded by Saudi Arabia and Qatar, which are trying to gain back their share of influence in the regions of Iraq and Syria against Iran.
- Live @ http://www.presstv.ir/live.html
- Twitter @ http://twitter.com/PressTV
- LiveLeak @ http://www.liveleak.com/c/PressTV
- Facebook @ http://www.facebook.com/PRESSTV
- Google+ @ http://plus.google.com/+VideosPTV
- Instagram @ http://instagram.com/presstvchannel
- SoundCloud@ https://soundcloud.com/videosptv
Posted by George Galloway on November 30, 2015, With 2013 Reads Filed under Comment with George Galloway. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.